Students may drop a course any time before the final class meeting in one of the following ways:
- Online – Go to My Account Login to access your account. After you login, select Drop Course(s) from the left-hand menu under My Account, and complete the steps until you receive a confirmation email.
- Email – Send your written request to email@example.com
- Fax – Fax your written request to (949) 824-2090
- Mail – Mail your written request to UCI Division of Continuing Education Student Services, PO Box 6050, Irvine, CA 92616
- In person – Visit the Student Services Office at UCI Division of Continuing Education 3, Building #234, during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm (Pacific).
In your written request, please include your name, the course title and number, the course registration number, your phone number, your email address, and the reason for your drop to help us evaluate the quality of our courses and programs. Failure to include all of the required information may delay processing. A stop payment on a check or disputed credit card charge does not constitute an official drop and may result in additional fees.
International Programs Refund Policy
- Prior to the program start date: 100% of refundable fees
- Prior to the end of the 5th day of classes for the 10-Week/Accelerated Certificate/Evening Certificate programs: 50% of refundable fees
- Prior to the end of the 2nd day of classes for the 4-Week programs: 50% of refundable fees
- No refunds after the 5th day of classes for the 10-Week/Accelerated Certificate/Evening Certificate programs
- No refunds after the 2nd day of classes for the 4-Week programs
- Signed housing contracts are binding for the duration of the quarter. There are no refunds on housing fees after the housing contract is signed.
Please visit International Programs for additional information about important policies and deadlines
To be eligible for a refund, your written drop request must be received on or before the refund deadline for the course. Please refer to your enrollment confirmation for the course specific refund deadline. Not receiving your enrollment confirmation before the course begins is not justification for seeking a refund.
For short courses with 1 to 4 meetings, the refund deadline is the day before the official course start date.
For courses with 5 or more meetings, the refund deadline is before the second class meeting begins. Refunds will not be processed for requests received after the start time of the second class meeting.
For online courses, the refund deadline is 7 calendar days from and including the official course start date. For example, if the online course begins on Monday, the refund deadline for the course is the following Sunday. Failure to login or access your online course is not justification for seeking a refund.
Some courses and programs, including Concurrent Enrollment, may have special refund deadlines. These refund deadlines are listed on the enrollment confirmation.
All refunds are subject to a $25.00 non-refundable and non-transferable administrative fee per course except when a course is canceled or rescheduled by UCI Division of Continuing Education. In the event a course is canceled or rescheduled, a full refund of the course fee will be processed. UCI Division of Continuing Education refunds back to original payer and in the original form of payment. Please allow a minimum of three weeks for processing. Candidacy, parking, late, and drop fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.