If you are unable to take the course as scheduled, you need to officially drop the class. Non-attendance in a class or notification to the instructor does not constitute official dropping of a course. Failure to drop from a course may result in a no report (NR), incomplete (I), or failing grade (F). A grade of “NR” becomes a grade of “F” or “NP” after one quarter. A grade of “I” or incomplete becomes a grade of “F” or “NP” after one year. Contact your instructor about the possibility of replacing it with a grade.

Please complete the Concurrent Enrollment Grade Option Change or Drop Form for each course. Departmental approval is required for all drops. Submit the online form, before 4:00pm (Pacific) the Thursday of the second week of the quarter. Dean’s or authorized personnel approval is required for drops or grade option changes requested after the deadline. If you do not officially drop from a class, you will receive a failing grade.

Note: Other departmental, school, or instructor deadlines and policies may apply.


Refunds are available upon approval during the first two weeks of the quarter. To be eligible for a refund, submit the online Concurrent Enrollment Course Drop/Grade Option Change Request form, before 4:00pm (Pacific) the Thursday of the second week of the quarter. Please refer to the Concurrent Enrollment Academic Calendar for Year/Term deadline dates

There is a $50 non-refundable and non-transferable service charge retained per class for all refunds. UCI DCE refunds back to the original payer and in the original form of payment. Check payments made for courses will be refunded by check. If you paid with a student loan check, the refund will go directly to you, the borrower. We will not send the refund back to the lender. Please allow a minimum of three weeks for processing.

Refunds are not available after the second week of the quarter.

Grade Option and Changes

See the UCI Schedule of Classes for any grade option restrictions for your course. UCI courses are generally offered for a letter grade (A, B, C, D, F), or as pass/no pass option. For students who will be transferring courses from their DCE transcript to their home campus transcript to fulfil degree requirements, or who will be applying to any degree program, be sure to verify with your academic counselor or that institution to verify what you select will meet their transferability requirements.

Students who are approved to audit a course must pay all required course fees. The course and a grade notation of ‘N’ will appear on your DCE transcript if the instructor confirms you have completed the course.

If you wish to change your grade option, you must submit the Concurrent Enrollment Grade Option Change or Drop Form for each course for review within the deadlines listed on the Concurrent Academic Calendar.