Live Class Meetings are conducted using Zoom online meeting software. A computer (Mac or PC) or portable device with an internet connection and computer speakers or a headset, or a telephone are required. For optimal meeting performance Zoom advises using a wired connection.
Quick Start Steps
- Log in to your online course page to access instructions for joining your Zoom meeting and accessing the Zoom recording. On the date and time of the Live Meeting you wish to attend click the meeting link, or visit ucidce.zoom.us and click the Join button, then enter the Meeting ID number and password.
- Enter your name and email address, then click the "Join Meeting" button.
- The Zoom client will automatically download to your computer and you will be placed into the Zoom meeting.
- A pop-up window will prompt you to choose how you want to setup your audio. Audio options include using your computer headset if you already have a headset or speakers connected to your computer (click “Join with Computer Audio”). To use your phone, select Phone Call then dial the toll or toll free number (enter Meeting ID and Participant ID when prompted), or select Call Me and enter your phone number to receive a call from Zoom.
- You can send your questions via the Chat window. To do this, type your question in the text box and click Send or press Enter.
If you are a first time Zoom user, please join the session 15 minutes prior to start time to allow Zoom to setup your user interface. For technical issues, please refer to Zoom support resources.
You can access the recording link (48 hours) after the session has ended. If your meeting is offered for credit, credit can only be provided to those who attend the live session and not to those who only access the recorded link.
For more information about Live Online Class Meetings and using Zoom, please read our Frequently Asked Questions or call (949) 824-5414.