The Healthcare and Public Health Analytics specialized studies program is ideal for individuals who want to pursue or advance their career in the healthcare, public health, and information and digital technology fields. The program is designed for those looking to gain analytical skills to transform data into valuable insights to support evidence-based decision making. Using data analytics in healthcare and public health settings can improve patient and population health outcomes, lower costs, improve the quality, safety, and equity of care, enhance system performance for healthcare delivery and population health management, and optimize business operations.
Learn health informatics and advanced analytics while discovering data sources and assets, digital health strategy, and data acquisition and management. Develop data mining applications for healthcare and public health to visualize, analyze, and implement informatics solutions for healthcare delivery and population health management. Study and deploy artificial intelligence and machine-learning solutions to improve patient care, population health, and business outcomes. Additional topics include clinical decision support systems, security and privacy, data governance, digital health, telehealth, and wearable devices.
Who Should Enroll
- Healthcare administrators and public health officials
- Clinicians, medical assistants, healthcare consultants, and other healthcare workers in hospitals, medical groups, clinics, and community care centers
- Employees of public health agencies, community health organizations, and other types of organizations that have a public health focus
- Employees in life science, health science, medical insurance, pharma industries, and other relevant fields
- Data analysts, health informaticians, and technical specialists
Occupational summary for Medical and Health Services Managers in the US.
Source: Lightcast™ 2022
Annual Job Openings
Salary for Highly Experienced Professionals
(Median Salary $102k)