- Gender Recognition and Lived Name Policy
- Mobile Terms and Conditions
- Students with Disabilities
- Schedule Changes
- Sexual Harassment
- FERPA (Student Records)
- Other Legal Notices
Pursuant to the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and the University of California Policies Applying to the Disclosure of Information from Student Records, UCI Division of Continuing Education students have the right to:
- Inspect and review records pertaining to themselves in their capacity as students;
- Have withheld from disclosure, absent their prior consent for release, personally identifiable information from their student records, with exceptions as noted in the University student record policies;
- Inspect records maintained by the campus for disclosures of personally identifiable information from their student records;
- Seek correction of their student records through a request to amend the records or a request for a hearing; and
- File complaints with the Department of Education, Washington, D.C. regarding alleged violations of the rights accorded them by the Federal Act.
At UCI Division of Continuing Education, an “applicant” becomes a “student” at the time of enrollment in one or more courses.
The University may release without the student's prior consent items in the category of "public information," which are provided to UCI Division of Continuing Education: name, address, telephone number and dates of attendance. Students wishing to restrict release of public information should submit their requests in writing to the UCI Division of Continuing Education Records Office.
UCI Division of Continuing Education student records which are the subject of the Federal Act and the University policies are maintained in the UCI Division of Continuing Education Student Services office and are the responsibility of the Dean of UCI Division of Continuing Education. Students have the right to inspect their student records at this office, subject to terms of the Federal Act and the University policies.
Summer Session student records which are the subject of the Federal Act and the University policies are maintained in the UCI Summer Sessions Office and are the responsibility of the Director of Summer Sessions.
A copy of the Federal Act, the University Policies, and the Campus Policies may be inspected in the Main Library Reference Room. Questions regarding the rights of students in these matters should be directed to the UCI Information Practices Coordinator, Administration Building.