- Academic Calendar
- Alternative Digital Credentials
- Certified Digital Certificates
- Course Numbers/Letters
- Credits and Grades
- Religious Accommodation and Observance
- Retention of Student Records
- Transfer Credit to Partner Colleges
Step 1: Enroll in a Course
Find the program web page you would like to pursue on the certificate and specialized studies program list. On the program web page, you will find a list of the courses available for enrollment. Enroll into one or more courses to begin your journey. If you have any questions choosing a course, please contact the program coordinator to discuss your options.
Several programs require students to complete a formal application process to be admitted into the program and begin coursework. However, most programs are open enrollment and do not require a formal application for admittance. If you are interested in earning a certificate, a Declaration of Candidacy is required to establish candidacy in the program. Please see program webpage for more information.
While not required to enroll in most courses, we strongly recommend applying for candidacy when you begin your program. There are many benefits to becoming a candidate (see below) and taking this step now is the best way to take advantage of all we offer.
Step 2: Apply to become a Candidate
Your next step is to apply for candidacy for the program of your choice.
Exclusive Benefits for Candidates
- Access to UCI DCE’s Career Advancement Network, including one-on-one career counseling appointments, monthly “Ask a Career Coach” drop-in sessions, and access to suite of resources and technologies to assist with employment transitions during your program and for one year following the completion of a program
- Inclusion in UCI DCE’s annual graduation ceremony for certificate earners (virtual or in-person on the beautiful UCI campus)
- Discounted access to the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC) while you are an active student (you may need to show proof of enrollment)
- Eligibility for UCI Alumni Association as a General Member, with access to alumni events and discounted services. Please note UCI email forwarding is not available for program graduates at this time.
- Upon program completion, inclusion in the UCI DCE Alumni Chapter
- A Certified Digital Certificate, delivered by Parchment that is verified, authenticated, and can be easily shared within your professional network and on Social Media (print certificates are available by request for an additional fee)
- By request, an optional letter for your employer to verify program completion
- Access to UCI DCE’s building including indoor/outdoor, private and communal study spaces
- Student support throughout your student journey, provided by our exceptional team
- Participation in program surveys to provide feedback to improve the student experience
How to Apply
Log in into your UCI DCE online account and under your “My Account” options, select
Declaration of Candidacy. Submit the non-refundable payment of $125 per program and you will receive confirmation email with the list of benefits. Application fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
Step 3: Complete Your Program
Complete the course requirements for the certificate or specialized studies program found on the program web page in the “Earning Your Certificate” section.
Students must earn a letter grade of “C” or better, in a certificate course to have it count toward the certificate, unless otherwise noted on the program requirements. Pass/No Pass grade option does not meet the requirements for a certificate program.
Students must complete courses within five years from the first day they start taking courses toward their certificate program.
Step 4: Receive Your Certificate
When enrolled in the final course in your program submit the Request for Certificate form.
Once the Request for Certificate form is submitted and your final grade is posted, the Records Office will review your completed courses and upon validation, you will be issued a Certified Digital Certificate in 1-2 weeks.
Certified Digital Certificate
Certificate and specialized studies students are issued a Certified Digital Certificate after the validation of the completed requirements. UCI Division of Continuing Education has partnered with Parchment to offer Certified Digital Certificates. Share it with potential employers to kick-start the next step in your professional journey or career.
What You Can Do With A Digital Certificate?
Share your Achievements
- Easily share your Certified Digital Certificate with employers with a secure and verified link
- Share with family and friends on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Enhance your resume by expediating the verification process for employers
View or Download
- View your Certified Digital Certificate online at any time with permanent access
- Each certificate has an embedded digital signature that can be verified when viewing in Adobe Acrobat on your computer or mobile device.
- Download your digital certificate and save as a PDF.
- For security reasons, the digital certificate cannot be printed. For printed copies, students can request a duplicate paper certificate for $45 per copy.
Serve as an Alternative to the Apostille
- Many countries recognize digital certificates. Parchment Award certificates are supporting the needs of international credentials. If you would like a printed copy, order a duplicate certificate (instructions below).
Request a Duplicate Copy ($45/copy)
Once you have been awarded your Certified Digital Certificate, you have the option to request a paper copy. The paper certificate is mailed to you in 1-2 weeks of submission. Please note that delivery to certain locations may take longer. For international and expedited shipping, the shipping label is paid for by the student using UEMS.
- Login to your My Account
- View your unofficial transcripts to confirm that your award for the program is posted.
- Under “My Account”, select Order Your Duplicate Certificate and pay $45.
For students who completed their program prior to 2017, you have the option to order a digital copy of your certificate.
Please note that all paper and digital certificates will include the current Dean’s signature. For questions, please contact our Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.