American College Test (ACT)
The ACT is a standardized assessment that helps colleges assess the qualifications of applicants for advanced study in college. Schools use the test as one predictor of academic performance in a college program.
The ACT measures critical reasoning skills by testing math and verbal concepts that students have developed over time. It does not measure specific content from high school. The ACT comprises four main sections: English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science. There is also an optional Writing section.
Students generally take the ACT during their junior year of high school. Our ACT test prep course is ideal for rising juniors that may be taking the test for the first time, for those high school students that have already taken the exam but wish to improve their score, and those younger students who are curious about the latest format of the ACT.
Deciding between the ACT and SAT?
Offered during the academic year, the ACT Blitz prepares students to reach the test date of their choice at peak performance. ACT Blitz courses are conveniently scheduled in the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates. Classes are scheduled to allow time to practice new skills between sessions. Our multi-week format course leads to greater opportunities for learning and interaction with our expert instructors. This allows you to practice the skills and strategies you are learning in class on real test questions. With this course, you'll master strategies to improve your ACT score. The ACT Blitz classes are offered on campus and live-online giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you.
The ACT Blitz includes:
- 16 hours of expert classroom instruction
- Experienced, expert instructors
- Official preparation guide including practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Access to online support resources
Choose the Format that Works for You!
- Classroom-Based: Our classroom ACT Blitz gives you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting with convenient online support resources.
- Live-Online: Our online ACT Blitz combines the same great program as the classroom-based ACT Blitz with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors and includes the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The live-online ACT sessions are offered online using a free Adobe Connect browser plug-in. The only requirements are high speed internet access and speakers or headphones. Check your system for compatibility.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the course start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.