Some courses have special requirements for enrollment or are not available to Concurrent and Cross Enrollment students:
The following Departments or Schools require authorization by someone other than the instructor in all cases. The Department or School will automatically receive the application. All decisions will be sent electronically to DCE.
||Earth, System, Science
||Elec. Eng. & Computer Science
|Biomed. & Transl. Science
||Eng., Civil, & Environmental Eng.
||Physical Science (PHY SCI)
|Chemical & Biomolecular Eng.
||Game Des. & Interactive Media
||Info. & Computer Science
|Cognitive Science *
|Computer Science & Eng.
||Logic & Philosophy of Science
||Materials Science & Eng.
|Developmental & Cell Biology
||Mechanical & Aerospace Eng.
||Writing (40 – 60 only)
* Course requests under the department of Cognitive Science, Economics, and Psychology have limited capacity and will likely not be approved.
The following Courses, Departments, and Schools require you to obtain an authorization email from the instructor to add the course. To locate the instructor’s name, search for the course on the UCI Schedule of Classes. Next, search for their contact email on the UCI Public Directory. If you receive their reply that you are approved to add the course, save this as a file to upload into your application.
- Courses numbered 200 and above (example: Statistics 210)
- Individual Study, Independent Study, Special Study, Group Study, Research courses with numbers 197, 198, 199, and 299.
- Courses numbered 1 - 199 in the Departments:
|African American Studies
||Gender & Sexuality Studies
|Asian American Studies
|Criminology, Law, & Society
|East Asian Studies
||Urban Planning & Public Policy
|Film & Media
||Writing (40 – 60 excluded)
* Placement tests may be required for these languages. Visit the UCI Academic Testing Center website to view the requirements and availability by language. Online exams are not available for Concurrent and Cross Enrollment. You must request an appointment by email to email@example.com to take a paper version of the test on the UCI campus in person.
+ You must contact the following individuals to schedule a separate oral examination. If you have a previous background in the language, first schedule a placement exam with the UCI Academic Testing Center. Once you have received your placement test results, contact the individuals below to schedule an oral interview. If you do not have a previous background in the language, the placement test may be waived, and you may contact the individuals below to schedule an oral exam and to request to be placed into the first fundamentals courses (numbered 1A) if space is available.
- Chinese: Ruohmei Hsieh (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lecturer and Chinese Academic Coordinator of East Asian Studies
- Korean: Hyunyoung Hyun (email@example.com), Lecturer and Korean Academic Coordinator of East Asian Studies
- Japanese: Hidemi Riggs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lecturer and Japanese Academic Coordinator of East Asian Studies