This credential authorizes the holder to provide administrative services for grades K-12 including:
- The development and assessment of instructional programs
- The management of school site, district, or county fiscal services; hiring, assigning, supervising, and evaluating
certificated and classified personnel
- Providing discipline to students and employees
- Development of student support services
Who Should Enroll
Before enrolling in a preparation program for the Preliminary ASC, you should:
- Possess a valid life or clear California teaching credential or services credential along with a baccalaureate degree and (if applicable) English learner authorization
- Meet the basic skills requirement
- Complete a minimum of five years of full-time service in public schools or private schools. (If you do not have the five years, please contact Education Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 824-7945. It may be possible to be admitted to the program and complete the five years of full-time service at the time of recommendation for the Preliminary ASC.)
- Access to educational leadership administrative activities and site-based supervisor to participate in EDUC X397A and EDUC X397B Supervised Administrative Field Work (please note that X397A is taken prior to X398B, not concurrently)
Occupational summary for instructional coordinators.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.
Annual Job Openings
(Highly experienced workers can earn up to $102k)