IRVINE, Calif. – November 7, 2016 – The University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education announces the availability of a new, fully online Innovation and Product Development Certificate Program. Intended for product development managers, software managers, engineers, project managers, marketing managers, research and development professionals and entrepreneurs seeking to take a proactive approach to product development and collaboration, this forward-thinking certificate sheds light on the creative and innovative processes necessary for bringing new or updated products, systems or services into the commercial marketplace.
“The online innovation and product development certificate was developed by analyzing business trends and needs for professionals to stay ahead of the curve,” said Angela Jeantet, director of education and business programs at UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education. “Throughout this program, participants will learn to think about designing new or updated products, services or processes, the logistics of implementing those ideas, and how to do it all in the corporate environment or entrepreneurial space.”
Registration is open now for the winter quarter. The required courses for the Innovation & Product Development Certificate Program include:
• Introduction to Innovation and Creativity – As an introduction to various theoretical concepts related to the human creative process, developing creative ideas, and converting ideas into innovative solutions or products, this online course starts on Jan. 16 and runs through March 12.
• New Product or Service Management – Course Dates TBD
• Managing Development Projects - This required online course running from Jan. 16 to March 12, includes curriculum that teaches practical skills in aligning projects with organizational strategies and to achieve project and outcome objectives by utilizing project management techniques.
• Marketing and Branding New or Updated Products and Services – Course Dates TBD
• Leading Development Teams – Course Dates TBD
The elective courses offered for the Innovation & Product Development Certificate Program include:
• Innovation and Business Ventures – Course Dates TBD
• Strategic Pitching and Networking – This course allows participants to learn the skills necessary to “own the room” and grab the attention of stakeholders, investors, collaborators and executives. Course is offered from Jan. 23 to Feb. 26.
• Agile Innovation – Course Dates TBD
• Design Systems Thinking Workshop – Course Dates TBD
To learn more about the certificate program or to register for the winter quarter courses visit here or call (949) 824-5592.
About UCI Division of Continuing Education
The University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education (DCE) provides lifelong learning
opportunities to thousands of students worldwide each year – fulfilling the school’s
60-year curriculum platform to connect degree programs to the world of work and achievement after
graduation. The Division offers a broad range of certificate programs, specialized studies, and
sequential courses to local, regional and global markets through online, on-campus and on-site
delivery. A leader in the open education movement, the Division offers free
Online Open Courses (MOOCs) and content through the
UCI Open initiative.
For more information about UCI Division of Continuing Education, visit ce.uci.edu.
About the University of California, Irvine
Founded in 1965, UCI is the youngest member of the prestigious Association of American Universities.
The campus has produced three Nobel laureates and is known for its academic achievement, premier
research, innovation, and anteater mascot. Led by Chancellor Howard Gillman, UCI has more than 36,000
students and offers 222 degree programs. It’s located in one of the world’s safest and most
economically vibrant communities and is Orange County’s second-largest employer, contributing
$5 billion annually to the local economy. For more on UCI, visit