The UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) is dedicated to serving our global student community by providing highly valued, innovative and practical learning experiences that promote personal and professional success at any stage of life. With a commitment to integrity, quality, accountability, and personal leadership, our team fosters an inclusive, collaborative environment to empower and transform the lives of our students and each other.
To bring innovative and productive educational opportunities to lifelong learners throughout the world.
Uphold the highest standards of excellence in course design, instructor facilitation, the student experience, and internal processes.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and
Create and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued for their differences.
View DCE’s workforce strategy outlining the committment to DEIB.
- Promote an atmosphere of respect, trust, and inclusion.
- Create opportunities for mentorship and collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Leverage resources and partnerships to expand growth, development, and ideation.
- Interact in an authentic, approachable and respectful manner that fosters collaboration, inclusion, and constructive conflict management.
- Communicate decisions in a timely and transparent manner.
- Provide consistent messaging across all channels and between all stakeholders.
- Provide services, resources, and opportunities to educate, connect, and empower our local and global community.
- Foster strong internal and external partnerships to maximize personal and professional growth through outreach initiatives.
- Create an inclusive, supportive, and affirmative environment by maximizing our individual and collective capacity to improve the lives of people and communities in Orange County and beyond through programs like WIOA, OLLI, UP, VA, international, concurrent enrollment, etc.
- Evaluate current processes and practices to challenge conventional norms and thinking.
- Explore and execute new ideas, ventures, processes, and opportunities to remain at the forefront of lifelong learning.
- Foster an agile environment to take healthy risks in which success is celebrated and failure is a source of growth.
- Embody principles of honesty, trustworthiness, fairness, decency, and courtesy with one another, students, and the community.
- Consider, reflect upon, and validate assumptions about others’ intentions, viewpoints, or actions before reacting.
- Hold ourselves and one another accountable for the practice of our organizational values and behavioral norms.
- Embrace a collaborative and inclusive leadership style in which all individuals contribute to our joint success.
- Lead with emotional intelligence, passion, humility, courage, and authenticity. Empower all members of the organization to meet their full potential by recognizing and developing their own leadership skills.
- Align internal infrastructure with market and enrollment trends to ensure quality service, curriculum, and product delivery.
- Make informed decisions based on research and data that drive organizational strategy and operations.
- Maintain high quality standards through consistent and ongoing performance-based evaluation of organizational tools, practices, and resources.