Dear DCE Community,
Continual learning is one of the best investments you’ll ever make. It can help shape the foundation of your personal and career goals, which is why we’re committed to developing and delivering outstanding programming when you need it in the flexible formats that you’re looking for.
As the educational landscape continues to evolve, along with the way we teach and learn, we are constantly reimagining the way we partner with you to support your learning journey. Helping you navigate that next step, whether it be a new career, a new language, a new interest, or a new curiosity, is at the very core of what we do.
In the coming months you’ll notice some changes at UCI DCE that work to further our commitment to quality courses and services. We look forward to taking some bold steps in our programming, partnerships, and services, to ensure we are supporting your next step in meaningful ways. As always, these endeavors align with the same level of quality you would expect from UCI. Here are a few highlights to check out this winter:
- One of the bold changes we are launching is a dramatic expansion of career services, now called the DCE Career Advancement Network. Many of our learners are seeking guidance to help unlock their true potential and take the next step in their careers. Through a combination of interactive workshops, one-on-one coaching, and best-in-class technologies to enhance your resume and hone interview skills, DCE students and alumni will have a powerful suite of tools to help reach their goals.
- We are also thrilled to continue offering outstanding courses in advanced topics such as Embedded AI, Data Science, and Contract Management, designed specifically for professionals who are actively working and seeking to upskill.
- If it’s diverse knowledge and great conversation you’re seeking, our Osher Lifelong Learning Institute programs featuring topics relating to literature, art, science, and society, will no doubt fit the bill.
- Our international learners will be pleased to know about our incredible Undergraduate Success Through Academics and Research program, Accelerated Certificate Programs in professional disciplines and our English as a Second Language program, which this fall alone welcomed students from 19 countries around the world.
- If you’re tight on time and would like a taste of what a UCI DCE course might look like, try out our wide range of accessible courses on Coursera, including topics like Conflict Management, Cyber Security and Risk Management, and iOS Development for Creative Entrepreneurs.
We’re often told we can’t be all things to all people, however, as educators in continuing education, we believe we can be. We have crafted learning opportunities for you at all stages of your life and career. Our singular goal is to be your trusted partner throughout your journey.
As we grow, adapt, and innovate we will keep you informed along the way, and we welcome the opportunity to hear from you. If you have ideas to contribute, please complete this brief survey form.
In the meantime, we can’t wait to see you in person or in a virtual classroom very soon.
Kristine (Krissy) Collins
Dean, University of California, Irvine, Division of Continuing Education