Organizations are increasingly recognizing the value of providing learning online or via a learning management system (LMS) — especially when supporting remote or hybrid workforces. To that end, they need learning and development (L&D) professionals who have mastered both the theories and science of how people learn, and the technology to create effective asynchronous learning experiences.
This real-world focused program — taught by industry experts who deliver practical knowledge derived from their own experiences — provides a solid foundation in the skills required to align e-learning strategies with business strategies and will prepare you for a successful career in instructional design.
You’ll acquire knowledge and expertise in planning and designing training, managing projects, selecting appropriate technology, and developing asynchronous e-learning. You’ll also learn techniques to help you address the inevitable challenges brought on by organizational and industry demands.
L&D professionals must also keep pace with industry advancements. Our comprehensive curriculum is infused with discussions that focus on instructional design developments, methodologies, and new technologies to help keep you and your skills on the cutting edge.
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed to meet the needs of a broad array of professionals, including:
- Instructional designers
- Instructional technologists or education technologists
- Training coordinators and managers
- Human resource professionals
- Teachers and other career changers
- Plan e-learning projects, identify and work with stakeholders and subject matter experts, and manage project scope
- Analyze the management and cost issues associated with deploying online instruction
- Develop and deploy an online lesson and incorporate e-learning technologies
- Explore the features, benefits, and drawbacks of a range of rapid authoring and media development tools
- Get hands-on experience building an e-learning module in the practicum course