Course closed to new registrations:
Call ( 949 ) 824-5414 for more information or sign up below to be notified when this course becomes available.×
This course prepares you to succeed as a college/university level student. Building upon your previous educational experiences, this course teaches you how to leverage what has already worked for you in the past to ensure a personally and academically successful transition, and teach you new skills necessary for your new environment. Topics covered include: expectations of a college/university experience, time management, goal setting, building connections, problem solving, motivation, maximizing resources, and study skills.
- Virtual/Remote Learning Strategies
- Expectations of the College/University Experience
- Creating a Vision and Managing Your Time
- Building Connections and Collaborating
- Preventing Problems and Untangling Issues
- Success Depends on YOU: Building Confidence & Motivation
- Identifying and Maximizing Resources
Bonus content and support as you begin your first few weeks of college:
- Additional optional self-guided modules focused on skills for academic success
- Continued instructor support available for 4 weeks after course ends
Leigh creates teachable moments to help others grow. With more than 20 years’ experience in education – ranging from elementary school teacher to directing the UCI Graduate Resource Center – she understands the power of education. In her current position as the Senior Project Manager for the Division of Career Pathways, she develops and promotes initiatives for students as they navigate their career paths. Her passion for mentoring and connecting people fuel her both professionally and personally.
Textbooks for your course may be purchased from any vendor or bookseller of your choice.
ON COURSE: STRATEGIES FOR CREATING SUCCESS IN LIFE, STUDY SKILLS PLUS
Book - ISBN: 9781305397484
Skip Downing, 3 ed, Cengage Learning
THE SECRETS OF COLLEGE SUCCESS
Book - ISBN: 9781119561804
Lynn Jacobs, Jeremy Hyman, 3 ed, Jossey-Bass
|Event||Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Location||Room
|START||09/01/2020||Tuesday||---||---||Online (Access Begins)||---
|END||09/30/2020||Wednesday||---||---||Online (Access Ends)||---