This course includes mandatory live class sessions over Zoom. Please see below for specific dates.
Construction project schedules can be unwieldy, and, without a steady hand to guide them, will spiral out of control quickly. In this course, learn a systematic approach to creating and managing construction schedules. Through lecture, class exercises and Q&As, you will learn skills and best practices necessary to effectively plan and control projects of any size, such as work breakdown structures, scheduling techniques, scheduling software, cost allocation and claims management. You will also gain an in-depth understanding of scheduling and project controls. By the end of this course, you will know the ins-and-outs of developing, managing and updating a schedule from design through construction completion.
- Apply the basic concepts and techniques of creating and managing a construction schedule, which includes planning, scheduling and control
- Apply cost and resource loading principals and identify the correlation to the estimate
- Recognize common project delays and propose solutions to best approach them
- Analyze management of change orders that are identified during the course of construction
- Create a critical path method (CPM) schedule for a construction project and manage the schedule from pre-construction to final completion.
Skills You Will Gain
- Construction scheduling
- Project management process (PDCA)
- Cost/resource planning
- Time impact analysis (TIA)