This credential authorizes the holder to provide administrative services for grades K-12 including:
- The development and assessment of instructional programs
- The management of school site, district, or county fiscal services; hiring, assigning, supervising, and evaluating
certificated and classified personnel
- Providing discipline to students and employees
- Development of student support services
Who Should Enroll
Before enrolling in a preparation program for the Preliminary ASC, you should:
- Possess a valid life or clear California teaching credential or services credential along with a baccalaureate degree and (if applicable) English learner authorization
- Meet the basic skills requirement
- Complete a minimum of five years of full-time service in public schools or private schools
- Employment in a position with ongoing access to a school to complete educational leadership administrative activities and a site-based supervisor to participate in EDUC X397A and EDUC X397B Supervised Administrative Field Work (please note that X397A is taken prior to X397B, not concurrently) along with completing the California Administrative Performance Assessment (CalAPA), including data collection, instructional coaching, consulting with stakeholders, conducting and recording meetings with school personnel, and classroom videotaping
Occupational summary for instructional coordinators.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.
Annual Job Openings
(Highly experienced workers can earn up to $102k)