Start a Career as an Android
More people access the web via mobile devices than from personal computers. This
has created a significant increase in demand for developers with experience in
using multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7.
Distinguish yourself to employers seeking
top talent in this rapidly expanding field
When you complete the Mobile Application Development Certificate,
you will have the skills required to design, develop, test and market utilities,
applications and games for the most popular smartphones and portable devices
such as those based on the Android operating system. This program includes application design and programming
techniques that use the latest innovations and techniques in mobile development.
You will receive hands-on experience using Google's Android Software
Development Kit (SDK), test and debug your apps using the emulator and
an actual device, and incorporate features like accelerometer, on-device
sensors, network/web access, and sound/multimedia.
What's in it for you?
- Get hands-on experience using application architectures for a range of wireless devices and create strategies for overcoming mobile development challenges
- Choose elective tracks in Apple iPhone, Google Android, or Windows Phone 7
- Understand the dynamic relationship between the mobile market and other emerging technologies including cloud computing and social networking
- Implement applications from scratch using best practice principles including object oriented design and test driven development
- Recognize the factors to consider when designing software for multiple platforms and gain insight into new trends in the mobile device marketplace
- The program is offered entirely online to work with your schedule