Bank-to-Bank Transfer through Western Union Business Solutions
- How to Enroll
- Enrollment FAQ
- Online FAQ
- Payment Methods
- Enrollments with Purchase Order
- Late Registration
- UCI Parking Policy
- Waiting List Policy
- Drops and Refunds
- Grade Option
How Does This Service Work
The bank-to-bank transfer service is an effective method of making payments to UCI Division of Continuing Education. It allows students, their families, sponsors, or international representative the opportunity to securely send bank-to-bank transfers for payment of tuition and fees in their home currency.
UCI has contracted with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students with an alternative to paying their tuition and fees by wire transfer. Western Union Business Solutions offer a competitive rate of exchange for processing payments in many international currencies.
Benefits to You
- Secure an exchange rate you are happy with – the rate will be held for 72 hours
- Understand your costs – know exactly how much you are paying in your home currency
- Peace of mind – have confidence that the UCI Division of Continuing Education will receive your fees on time, usually in 2 working days
- No expensive bank charges – keep hold of as much of your money as possible
- Speed up your application and enrollment process – UCI Division of Continuing Education will be able to identify your fee payment quickly thus eliminating delays
- No additional charges for using this service are levied by UCI Division of Continuing Education or Western Union Business Solutions.
- By using this service you avoid or significantly reduce the costs incurred to both yourself and UCI Division of Continuing Education for making and receiving international payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is using Western Union Business Solutions better than just
using my bank?
- If you use your own bank to make your payment to UCI Division of Continuing Education, then
this will cost you more. Banks charge service fees (sometimes
you are not even aware of them) that are added on to the payment and these charges
can be substantial. This means the UCI Division of Continuing Education sometimes won’t receive
your full payment because the added bank charges are deducted from your total due.
By using Western Union Business Solutions you are assured of a guaranteed rate of exchange as well as ensuring
that UCI Division of Continuing Education receives your fees in full. This exchange rate is held
for 72 hours giving you peace of mind that the exchange rate will not move against
you. So, after submitting your payment, you can relax and feel comfortable knowing
that you are done and have paid in full.
- Do I need to provide the UCI Division of Continuing Education
bank details when I go to my local bank?
- No. Western Union Business Solutions will email you a confirmation
and instructions, including the local bank details within your country for making
the payment You do not need UCI Division of Continuing Education bank’s information to make
this bank-to-bank payment transaction. Just bring the email confirmation and instructions
that you receive from Western Union Business Solutions and they will take care of the rest.
- What fees can I pay using this service?
- If you are studying in our International Programs, you can pay your Application
and Housing Placement fees (non-refundable), Tuition, Housing, Health Insurance,
and Airport Pick-up Fee. These are the only fees you can pay at this time. You cannot
pay for additional fees such as activities, books, or parking.
If you are enrolled in a certificate program or taking an online course, you can
pay your course fee(s), candidacy fees, and any applicable late fees.
- I can’t find my home currency on
- Due to international and domestic banking regulations some currencies
are unable to be traded on the open market or as part of this service. If your home
currency is not available, you can select United States Dollars (USD) or another
currency from the drop down menu. If you decide to use USD, for example, you will
need to first purchase the USD from your bank prior to making the wire transfer
through Western Union Business Solutions.
- Is using Western Union Business Solutions better than paying by
credit card or using a bank check?
- Western Union Business Solutions is one of a variety of options
for paying your tuition and fees and you are welcome to research each option to
see which one is best for you. You are welcome to pay by credit card or purchase
a money order or a bank check (payable to UC Regents), if that is the option that
is most convenient for you. However, keep in mind that credit card companies and
banks have added services charges and fees associated with the transaction and some
of the fees will not be known until after you have made the purchase. Also, paying
by credit card often has delays with processing for various reasons. A bank check
can also be delayed because you first need to find a US bank in your home country
to issue the check and then you need to mail the check with your application, which
can take several days.
Steps to Make a Bank-to-Bank Transfer
Step 1: Click on the Western Union Business Solutions link below
Step 2: Complete the Western Union Business Solutions Form
- Enter student details (boxes marked with a * are required)
- Enter your tuition and fee amount in the relevant fields in USD
- Select payment currency
If your local currency is not an option available in the form, you will need to choose another currency on the list (for example, United States Dollar - USD) in order to arrange your Bank-to-Bank transfer. You will need to first purchase USD from your bank prior to making the wire transfer through Western Union Business Solutions.
- Finalize transaction
- You will receive a confirmation email with information in a PDF attachment from Western Union Business Solutions with further instructions
Step 3: Bank Transfer
- Upon completion of the transaction, take the Western Union Business Solutions confirmation email with the PDF attachment to your local bank
- Local bank to transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions
- The rate quoted is valid for 72 hours.
Step 4: Payment Finalized
- Once payment has been sent through your bank, Western Union Business Solutions will then forward the amount in US dollars to UCI Division of Continuing Education.
If you have any questions regarding the bank-to-bank payment transfer with Western Union Business Solutions, you are welcome to contact them directly. Their dedicated Customer Service team will assist you with any of your questions. In addition, someone from their team can also help you through the payment process so you are clear on how it’s done and provide you with all the necessary details to make the process as easy and simple as possible.
Western Union Business Solutions Customer Service