- Scholarship Program
- Financial Holds
- AmeriCorps Service Voucher
- Student Loan Programs
- Tax Information
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
- Veterans Benefits
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
UCI DCE offers a limited number of scholarships, each covering tuition up to $800 that can be applied toward enrollment in one or more Winter 2023 or Spring 2023 courses.
Who is Eligible?
Any student who has met all of the following requirements:
- Registered for a UCI DCE certificate program, specialized studies, international program or concurrent enrollment course.*
- Successfully completed at least two DCE courses since January 1, 2018.
- Earned a grade of “B” or higher in your most recent DCE course.
*Summer Session, OLLI, Technology Boot Camps, Coursera, and UCI degree/certificate programs are excluded.
Students who were previously awarded this scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Applications will be accepted between August 15 and October 28, 2022.
- In the online application, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Reason for Application: in 500 characters, or less, briefly describe the reason you are applying for this scholarship.
- Statement of Personal or Professional Goals: in 1500 characters or less, please describe how the UCI DCE program will help you attain your personal and/or professional goals.
- Submit a Professional or Academic Letter of Recommendation: In support of your abilities, and personal and/or professional goals, please request that a professional or academic colleague (such as a supervisor, manager or recent instructor) directly email a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please ask your recommender to include your name and “recommendation” in the subject line and to include his or her professional or academic association to you in the body of the letter. Acceptable format for the recommendation letter are MS Word or PDF.
Terms & Conditions
- Scholarship award is provided for course and or program fees only and excludes parking, candidacy, UCInetID, textbooks as well as living expenses, etc.
- Enrollment must be for Winter and/or Spring 2023 quarters only and forfeited after Spring 2023.
- If you are not able to attend and have to drop your course and/or program, any scholarship applied to that course/program is also forfeited.
- Scholarship cannot be transferred to another individual and cannot be applied to Summer Session, OLLI, Technology Boot Camps, Coursera, or UCI degree/certificate programs.
- Scholarship cannot be used for reimbursement of fees previously paid.
- Applications will be reviewed by the DCE Scholarship Committee and all award decisions are final.
- There is no guarantee of a scholarship pool each year for distribution.
- DCE reserves the right to modify scholarship criteria at any time and without prior notice.
- Online application and letter of recommendation are due by 5pm (PST), October 28, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified individually by December 2, 2022.