UCI Division of Continuing Education has partnered with Coursera, an online learning platform, to deliver a set of on demand, career-focused programs designed to help individuals compete in today’s job market.
- Enroll anytime, in any course, for free
- For a small fee, earn a Verified Certificate documenting your course completion
- Become more effective in your current job
- Improve your prospect for a new job
- Prepare for a career change
- Earn credit toward courses in related UCI Division of Continuing Education certificate programs
- Academic English: Writing
- Improve your chances to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. Learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express your ideas clearly in an academic format.
- Advanced Academic Speaking and Listening
- This specialization covers the listening and speaking skills that non-native English-speaking students need to be successful in English-speaking colleges and universities.
- Advanced Grammar and Punctuation
- This specialization follows our Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization and includes more advanced grammar concepts such as noun clauses and conditionals.
- Career Success
- Build, develop and hone the essential skills needed to improve your employability and advancement in today’s dynamic workforce.
- Conflict Resolution*
- Master the fundamentals of conflict resolution, harness the power of positive conflict, and hone your intercultural communication skills.
- Internet of Things
- Learn how the explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing the world. Gain an understanding of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future.
- IOS Development for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Learn how to create your own app, including fluency in Objective-C and UIKit and SpriteKit user interface concepts. Learn to leverage networking, security, audio, video, location, and sensor frameworks to create a unique gaming experience.
- Master Intermediate Grammar
- Boost your knowledge and use of grammar at the intermediate level.
- Project Management*
- Gain the skills to ensure your projects are completed on time and on budget while giving the user the product they expect. Build a working knowledge of the basics of project management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage work projects.
- Teaching English: Intermediate Grammar
- This specialization is for ESL teachers and future ESL teachers who want to make their classes more effective and fun.
- Virtual Teacher
- Learn best practices for online instruction, student engagement and virtual community building; effective uses of asynchronous and synchronous technologies, social media and other emerging technologies; and data analysis techniques and student performance measurements to individualize instruction in an online or blended environment.
*Earn a verified certificate in this Specialization and receive transfer credit toward the related UCI Division of Continuing Education certificate program.
- Tricky American English Pronunciation
- In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You’ll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying.