Lean thinking has been increasingly embraced in healthcare environments because of its emphasis on improving access and the patient experience by decreasing costs, reducing errors and boosting employee service and productivity. The Lean Healthcare Specialization will prepare you to influence change by identifying and removing non-value added activities — the waste in time, money, supplies and goodwill — in any healthcare organization that otherwise hide in plain view.
This short online program is designed for professionals at all levels of a healthcare organization who wish to advance their careers as well as those looking to enhance their current credentials by expanding into the healthcare industry.
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare supervisors, managers, executives and other value stream owners
- Healthcare providers in settings, such as hospital facilities, urgent care centers, clinics and outpatient care centers, nursing, residential and mental healthcare facilities, medical groups, and senior care centers
- Healthcare administrators who wish to advance their careers
- Process improvement healthcare practitioners
- Clinicians planning to move into supervisory or management-oriented roles
- Operations and support staff in healthcare settings
- Healthcare IT professionals who are troubleshooting and delivering infrastructures and solutions to adopt lean methodologies and support lean initiatives; and
- Current Green Belts who wish to transition into or advance in the healthcare industry
Occupational summary for medical and health services managers in the United States.