Green Belt Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does the program cost?
- Estimated course fees: $4,250 (each course is $850 and there are 5 required courses)
Estimated Textbook/statistical software/course materials: $500
Estimated request for specialized studies Green Belt certificate fee: $35
Total estimated cost for the program: $4,785
Please note that all estimated costs are subject to change.
- Do I have to pay for the entire program before classes begin?
- No. Although you do have the option to pay for the program upfront, you may pay-as-you go by just paying for each course only when you enroll in it. Keep in mind that course fees do not include the cost of textbooks and course materials (if applicable).
- How do I get my textbooks?
- Textbook(s) may be purchased or rented from a vendor of your choice, such as Amazon.com.
- How long will it take me to complete the entire program?
- Green Belt courses can be taken individually, depending on your objectives. Currently, it is possible to complete the program and earn your Green Belt in 3 quarters or even 2 quarters if permitted by the schedule, and if you don't mind a heavier course load and a more intense experience.
- Do I have to apply and be accepted before I start?
- No. There is no formal application process as this is a continuing professional education and not a degree program.
- Where can I find the course schedule? Do I have to take the classes in order?
- Please go to Green Belt Course Schedule and click on the green online button(s) pertaining to the course(s) for detailed information and opportunity to enroll. The recommended (with some flexibility) sequence of courses in Green Belt is found on the webpage. Please note that MGMT X410.28-Lean Six Sigma Philosophy and Project Selection- must be taken first, as it is a prerequisite, and MGMT X410.17-Lean Six Sigma Project Practicum- must be taken last.
- How do I enroll in courses?
- You may enroll online. If you prefer not to enroll online, the Student Services staff – (949) 824-5414 or email@example.com – should be able to assist you with your specific payment arrangement and enrollment request.
- When should I enroll?
- The sooner you enroll in courses the better. As specified on the Green Belt webpage and stated here, some courses have specific requirements affecting the recommended time for enrollment.
Please enroll no later than one week prior to the class start date in the following Green Belt courses: MGMT X410.28, MGMT X410.29, MGMT X410.18 and MGMT X410.17.
Please enroll no later than two weeks prior to the class start date in the following course – MGMT X410.27 (Lean Six Sigma Descriptive Statistics) – to receive the necessary instructions on paying the usage fee and obtaining the required statistical software package for the course.
- Can I complete the entire program online?
- I've never taken an online class. How does it work? Is it self-paced?
- Our online courses are structured and instructor- led. You will learn in your own time – reading, watching videos or listening to material supplied, doing course activities and assignments and completing assessments. You'll enjoy full support throughout your studies, with instructors available online to guide, advise and offer feedback on your progress. The syllabus will list timelines and due dates for assignments and project(s). You are expected to be fully engaged and log in at least 3 times a week to complete readings, assignments, and participate in discussion forums. Students will spend approximately 5-10 hours a week on each course – this is an estimate and will vary for each student. Please refer to the Online Frequently Asked Questions for more information on our online courses.
If you would like to experience a tour of our online courses, please visit Experience an Online Course.
- I am an international student / I am located overseas – am I able to enroll?
- Do you offer job placement at the end of the program?
- No. Although UCI DCE does not offer placement services, earning your Green Belt will help advance your career prospects, while expanding your knowledge base and increasing your productivity in the workplace. You will also be able to benefit from networking opportunities resulting from your interaction with your instructor and classmates, who may come from a variety of fields and industries.
- Is UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education an accredited institution?
- Yes. We are part of the University of California system of schools, and are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). DCE certificate programs and courses are approved by the appropriate academic schools within the University of California, Irvine. For more information, please see UCI Accreditation.
- What is the “declaration of candidacy”? When do I have to complete it?
- You do not declare candidacy in the Green Belt specialized studies program. Instead, you submit the request for the specialized studies certificate along with the $35 fee after the completion of your last Green Belt course.
- Are there scholarships or financial aid available for this program?
- There is no specific financial assistance for this program, but you may visit Financial Information for general information.
- What if I can't find here the answer to my question?
- If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.