Business Continuity Planning identifies logistical strategies used by companies to restore critical business functions to meet customer service agreements in response to a disaster. In this program, individuals will learn how to identify potential risk, how to approach continuity in a small company or large organization and gain the practical knowledge and skills essential to initiate and manage a business continuity program.
The Business Continuity Planning Certificate Program consists of 150 hours of evaluated learning on the concepts that are foundational to business continuity planning, and its history and evolution into an integrated discipline. Business continuity is about having a plan to deal with difficult situations, so your organization can continue to function with as little disruption as possible. A good Business Continuity plan recognizes potential threats to an organization and analyses what impact they may have on day-to-day operations. It also provides a way to mitigate these threats, putting in place a framework which allows key functions of the business to continue even if the worst happens. Many organizations have dedicated business continuity staff while others have adapted their employees' roles to include components of continuity.
Who Should Enroll
- Business continuity professionals seeking to increase their knowledge of Business Continuity Program as well as earn Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs)
- CIO’s, CEO’s, C-suite executives
- Information technology and cyber security experts
- Professionals who are involved in public and private industries, including operations, sales, human resources, finance, legal and compliance, insurance and banking, physical security, supply chain management and critical supplier management
- Emergency managers, Environment Health & Safety, risk management, public relations
- Federal, state, and local government officials
Occupational summary for project management specialists and business operations specialists.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.
Annual Job Openings
(Highly experienced workers can earn up to $125k)