In partnership with
Are you a coffee enthusiast ready to turn your passion into a career?
Coffee production has always been an added value for the Colombian export economy. Colombia's deeply rooted coffee history, productive landscape, and agriculturally sustainable farming techniques have facilitated recognition of the Colombian brand throughout the world.
In partnership with Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Colombia, UCI Continuing Education is launching a three-course program that provides comprehensive training on modern coffee production processes in Colombia.
Fully immerse yourself as you spend two weeks in Colombia experiencing every aspect of coffee production from expert instructors who have proven experience in the Colombian coffee sector. Through a combination of classroom instruction and outside fieldwork (including trips to regional coffee plantations), you will:
- Enhance your knowledge of global and regional practices in the business of coffee
- Develop the capacity to strategically launch coffee-related businesses
- Gain an understanding of the supply chain associated with modern coffee production processes
- Draft a coffee business plan using Colombia as the example for sourcing coffee beans
- Learn about the production of high-end specialty coffee including fair-trade and organic variants
This program is scheduled to launch in June 2019 with registration available beginning in January.